Text Size text size decrease text size increase

Landlord Insurance

Attention: open in a new window. Print

Talk to us

Protecting your investment property and income

How do you best protect a property you own and rent to tenants?  Choosing the occupants carefully helps, but even with model tenants there’s no guarantee they’ll take care of things to the standard you’d like.

As a landlord, you need to reduce your vulnerability to vandalism, malicious damage, and theft. Not to mention lost rental income should your property become unliveable because of major damage.

You also need protection from those unlikely, but still possible, risks like fire, lightning and storm or flood damage, falling trees and unforeseen catastrophes. 

With Hunter United’s Landlord Cover, you have peace of mind that you’ll be covered if your property is damaged or destroyed by specific events as set out in the policy wording.

Competitive, convenient cover backed by QBE

Landlord Cover is one of a comprehensive range of insurance solutions Hunted United offers through our association with QBE Insurance.  

Founded in 1886, QBE is one of Australia’s leading insurers.  It’s because of QBE’s experience, security and strength – as well as its prompt, efficient and friendly claims service that we’ve made it our general insurance provider.  

This partnership enables us to deliver Hunter United members quality and value in insurance products, with the added convenience of having everything under the same roof.

Core Cover

Landlords insurance core defined events

  • Fire
  • Explosion
  • Lightning or thunderbolt
  • Earthquake or tsunami
  • Theft (not by tenant)
  • Vandalism
  • Water or other liquid
  • Collision
  • Falling tree, branch or aerial
  • Damage by animals
  • Riot
  • Storm, rain or flood
  • Accidental glass breakage

You’ll also be covered for a number of benefits and any optional extras that you select.

  Examples of benefits and optional extras



Legal Liability

$30 Million

Additional Benefits


Building safeguard benefit


Environmental upgrade


Burning out of electrical motors (fusion cover)


Cover for loss of rent should your tenants be unable to live in the home as a result of damage caused by a defined event


Essential temporary repairs


Optional Benefits


Cover for rent default

Optional extra

Cover for theft and/or vandalism by tenants

Optional extra


A range of ways to save

With Hunter United there are various ways to enjoy discounts on your premium.

Security discounts

The more secure your property is – through deadlocks, window locks, and either local or monitored alarms – the less you may have to pay.  

Household no claim bonus

Continue to earn No Claim Bonus discount, up to our maximum level, the more years you go without making a claim.

Seniors discount

If any named Policyholders are over 50 years of age, you are entitled to the over 50s discount.

Multi-policy discount

Once you have one MemberCare insurance policy with us, we’ll give you a discount on each additional MemberCare policy #

A choice of excess

Your excess is the initial amount you have to pay yourself if you make a claim, and we offer options of $100, $250, $300, $400, $500, $750, $1,000, $2,500, $5,000, $7,500 and $10,000.  The higher the excess you choose, the lower the premium you’ll pay.

Easy to arrange, simple to claim

The convenience of having Landlord’s Insurance under the same roof as your financial services isn’t the only way we make life easier. From making your application to making a claim, Hunter United ensures things are as straightforward as possible.   

You can apply online, by phone, or at any branch. Flexible payment options include fortnightly, monthly or annual direct debit or credit card payments (excluding Diners Club).

If you do need to make a claim, we won’t make you wade through paperwork.  QBE have a 24-hour emergency claims number, and in most cases, you need just provide details over the phone.

View the latest Landlord PDS and Investor Insure Product Sales Brochure.

Important Notes

Terms, conditions and acceptance criteria apply.  Cover limits apply as set out in the policy wording.  This material does not take into account your personal needs, objectives and financial circumstances and you should consider whether it is appropriate for you. Please read the Product Disclosure Statement to decide if a product is right for you.

#Multi-policy discount is available on your first policy after renewal and is only available for Home, Landlords and Motor Vehicle policies that are purchased through the same financial institution

Insurance issued by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 AFS Licence 239545.

  Useful Links
Check out our Multi-policy discount
Talk to us

Note: these documents are provided in .pdf format and require version, 4.0 (or later) of Adobe Reader. You can download Adobe Reader by clicking on the "Get Adobe Reader" button below.

Before making a decision about your insurance needs please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement. Issued by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 AFS Licence 239545 and QBE Life (Australia) Limited ABN 83 089 981 073 AFSL 245492.

Please read
As a holder of Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL No. 238316), Hunter United can issue, vary, renew and cancel this insurance policy under a ‘binder’ provided by the Insurer. A ‘binder’ is an agreement that allows Hunter United, as agent of the Insurer, to enter into contracts of insurance on behalf of the Insurer. This means that the insurance policy issued to you by Hunter United, is binding on the Insurer just as if it had issued the policy itself.

Insurance policies are issued by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 AFS Licence 239545 and QBE Life (Australia) Limited ABN 83 089 981 073 AFSL 245492. Before making a decision about your insurance needs please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement available from Hunter United.